A visit to Barnegat Light's Historic Viking Village will take you back in time to the early days of a quaint fishing village. For your pleasure the tiny fishing shacks have been turned into shops with something special for everyone:
- Clothing and fishing gear (including bait) for the rugged Viking in your family and Helga too at Viking Outfitters.
- The Seawife -- Inspired home design with Antiques and Collectibles -- Architectural, Primitive Country Furniture, Folk Art, Nautical and Garden. www.theseawife.com
- Wink, a boutique with the latest fashion trends in women's clothing, shoes, accessories, and gifts for the beach. www.winkatmeonline.com
- Off the Hook is a fresh prepared seafood takeout shop that has an outdoor seating area and also offers catering. www.vikingoffthehook.com
- How You Brewin offers gourmet drip and whole bean coffee, an espresso bar featuring hot and cold drinks; baked goods, and ice cream. www.howyoubrewin.com
- The Spotted Whale offers decor that will ensure your home expresses your unique, seaside style.
- June Bug Boutique where you can find fashion, art, jewelry, and gifts.609-290-0681
- You "wood" love our iron mermaids and other nautical home decor at Wooden You Love It.
- Vintage Grey has an eclectic collection of home decor, personal accessories, and vintage treasures. 609-713-4729
- Frank's Produce offers fruit and veggies for your dinner.
- Cassidy's Fish Market offers fresh catches of the day.
Visit the shops, watch scallop boats or longliners sail in the harbor and take home some fresh food. Come take a walk through history and even take a tour of the commercial docks from July to September. For more info visit www.vikingvillage.net or contact the Southern Ocean County Chamber of Commerce at 609-494-7211
You can also find more about us atwww.njlbi.com, www.welcometolbi.com, and www.visitlbiregion.com.
Viking Village is also home to the fishing vessel "Lindsay L" owned by Kirk and Pam Larson. The scalloper portrayed the "Hanna Bodan" in the movie The Perfect Storm. Warner Bros. leased the boat for nine weeks and Capt Kirk Larson, Jr and Capt Larry Walsh were at the helm behind the scenes.
Upcoming Viking Village Events
Art & Craft Show -- May 25, 2014
Jazzy Scallop Festival -- June 28, 2014
Dock Tours -- Friday Mornings -- July to Sept
Blessing of the Fleet -- July 13, 2014
Antique & Collectible Show - August 3, 2014
Art & Craft Show -- August 31, 2014
Antique & Collectible Show - September 14, 2014
Santa Claus Visits Viking Village -- November 29, 2014